For immediate release
February 10, 2014
Contact: Terri Brunson, CHF Executive Director
SACRAMENTO – Seven homebuilding industry leaders have been inducted into the California Homebuilding Foundation Hall of Fame.
Celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, the Hall of Fame boasts 200 men and women who epitomize the spirit of the homebuilding industry – skill, vision, resilience and determination. Each honoree has been a model of public service through their enthusiastic involvement in civic, social and philanthropic organizations in their communities.
- Stephen P. Beinke: president and founding partner of Danville-based Blackhawk and its group of companies. Blackhawk's signature community "Blackhawk County Club" changed the fabric of the East Bay in terms of both housing and job creation. For the past 40 years, the company has been involved in master-planned communities producing over 15,000 units and nearly 1 million square feet of office and retail space in California and Washington. Full bio | High-res photo
- Cheryl A. Gibson: president of Auburn-based Von-Jac Development. After a brief career as a social worker, Gibson joined her father’s business and was responsible for establishing one of the first model home design centers in Northern California before becoming company president. The company, which has built more than 20,000 homes in Northern California, now focuses on custom homes and remodels. Full bio | High-res photo
- Robert A. and Karen Bonadelle McCaffrey: respectively CEO and Vice President of McCaffrey Homes in Fresno. Robert McCaffrey entered the business after a successful football career at USC and the Green Bay Packers; Karen McCaffrey learned the business from an early age from her father, Fresno builder John Bonadelle. Building exclusively in the Fresno/Clovis market for more than 35 years, the firm has been one of the nation’s 150 largest builders on several occasions and routinely places at the top of national homeownership experience rankings. A well-respected builder in the Central Valley, the company also specializes in land development, mortgage brokerage and farming. Robert McCaffrey bio | High-res photo || Karen McCaffrey bio | High-res photo
- Jeffrey Meyers: an innovative entrepreneur in the field of market research. He founded the nation's largest market research company serving the homebuilding industry, the Meyers Group. He is quoted frequently by national publications and is regarded as the leading expert in residential real estate trends. Currently, he is president of Meyers Research, a Kennedy Wilson Company, which recently launched the game-changing real estate app, Zonda, and provides advisory services to the country's top homebuilders, developers and financial institutions. Full bio | High-res photo
- Dave and Lori Sanson: CEO and executive vice president respectively of DeNova Homes. The Concord-based firm has built more than 2,000 homes throughout Northern California, as well as more than 500,000 square feet of commercial offices. Founded by the couple in 1989, the company builds and develops innovative single-family home communities, custom homes and high-density housing, and has recently expanded into the greater Seattle area. Full bio | high-res photo
“As the Hall of Fame celebrates its 30th anniversary, I believe we have identified a group of seven industry leaders who are truly worthy of induction,” said CHF Chairman John Young, Young Homes. “Each has played a major role in making California a better place to live, through the homes they have produced and the many ways they have given back to their communities.”
The Hall of Fame gala will be held June 24, at the Fairmont San Francisco Hotel. For ticket and sponsorship opportunities, visit www.mychf.org or contact Terri Brunson, email@example.com / (916) 340-3340.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
CHF is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization serving the homebuilding industry through scholarships, research and education for California’s homebuilding industry. CHF is the presenter of California’s homebuilding industry’s top award, Hall of Fame.
Featured on Yahoo: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/california-homebuilding-foundation-names-7-153000480.html
The Business Journal: http://www.thebusinessjournal.com/news/construction/10701-fresno-homebuilders-make-hall-of-fame
The Fresno Bee: http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/02/11/3763188/robert-and-karen-mccaffrey-inducted.html